
Hi folks. This is just a short blog to memorialize 3 and a half days at Dave Edelson’s houses in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, near Daytona. Dave is officially my new hero – what a terrific way to spend a weekend in november! Much fun was had by all. Lots of music, and food (and a not insigificant amount of drinking, thanks to John’s fabulous margaritas). And what a rare treat to get such wonderful players all in the same house for a few days. Here are my pics from the weekend:
(These are all low-res; hi-res versions for downloading / printing are at my yahoo page: http://tinyurl.com/yhu7op)
Here are Claire’s slides, which I have shamelessly copied. Claire always takes such good pictures.
On Saturday morning when we were having breakfast, some sort of air show took place. Here are a few shots of the show.
And of course, there was lots and lots of playing. Here’s a short segment of the cafĂ© music folks doing their thing:
Seriously, Dave did a phenomenal, amazing, selfless job of organizing and hosting all of us. (The color spreadsheet of arrival & departure times was just the tip of the iceberg.) The only negative of the whole weekend (besides the mosquitos) was that several folks (including Dave) had to leave before it was over, because they had to fly out before the bad weather hit.
In theory I've set this up as a "team blog," so if any of the rest of you folks have pics you want to post, feel free to add them.

Thanks again Dave! Hope that it will be an annual event (and maybe last a day or two more!)
1 comment:
Dear Xander:
Thanks so much for this amazing site to memorialize Camp David 2006. I have to say that it exceeded all of my expectations!! Everyone was absolutely amazing, and I never felt like I had to work at all to keep the weekend flowing with non-stop fun. You guys were the greatest group I could have ever hoped to put together, and my only wish is that everyone has as great a time as I did. Hope to see you all next year (and maybe even a few days earlier?) Put it on your calendars now for next Veterans Weekend, 2007 (Nov.7th through Nov.11th)
Your camp counselor,
Dr. Dave
Post a Comment