Hey campers. Dave's Co-counselor Juliana sent such a terrific email a couple weeks ago that I thought I'd start the Camp David blog this year by preserving it here. -X
Dear All,
Once again, Camp David has come to a close and once again, it was among the most memorable highlights of my year. I am only sad that (once again) I had to leave on Saturday, but already the 2 nights I spent there were glorious. It was wonderful to see all you wonderful people and I only wish we could all meet at Camp David every month!
Thank you, Dr. Dave, for being such a trooper and organizing this awesome affair--the 5th year running! This is truly amazing. I don't think Dr. Dave, Lauren, Nick, Alok, or myself would have ever thought back in 2005 that this would become such an amazing and well-attended tradition. And thank you to all the campers for making the journey down to New Smyrna and for making so many beautiful memories. I so enjoyed playing with many of you, and only wish I could have been there for longer to play with all of you. My final "swan song" (as Urs put it) on the Schubert cello quintet made me so unbelievably sad to leave and there were many moments on my drive to Orlando where I almost flipped the car around and came back.
Highlights of my weekend included:
Peddling the seven-person bike up the beach ramp--success story!
Feeling like the mother-hen paying for all the meals (maybe I do have maternal instincts afterall!)
ROCK SHRIMPS AT JBs (Thank you, John, that last pound-and-a-half WAS absolutely necessary)
Seeing our girl Cherie...with blond hair.
Blasting "That's What You Get for Waking Up in Vegas" in the car
Trying to convince Rob Jacobs that skinny dipping at 3am is not a good idea
The Dr. Horrible Duet
Playing Broadway show tunes arranged for quartet -- Tea for Two anyone?
Favorite weekend quote:
Xander on the phone with a friend: "Hey, I'm not in SF this weekend. I'm on a freeway in Daytona Florida right now. No....no....no....I said FREEWAY not THREEWAY....."
I'll leave off there.
I PROMISE next year I will stay all weekend. No excuses. No 65th-birthday parties or weddings or anything else.
Love you all, and three cheers to Dr. Dave for being a super-duper Camp Director.
-jules
No comments:
Post a Comment